ROTAX AFRICAN OPEN COMES OF AGE – Zwartkops Kart Raceway, August 20, 2016
- First Mozambican driver to win an African Karting Championship
- Amazing come-back win in new Mini Max Category
- New Micro Max class sees 14 starters and nail-biting finish
- Heartbreak for DD2 pace-setter Luca Canderle
- Double win for lady driver Fabienne Lanz
- Mini and Micro Max winners head for Rotax World Champs in Italy in October!
Rotax Grand Finals Tickets allocations explained
Recent Motorsport Media reports would have one believe that EMR and MCP have a large box full of invitations to compete in the Rotax Max Grand Finals. We so wish that this was true! it would be great to have more Southern Africans getting the opportunity to participate in the greatest kart racing event in the world.
ALL EYES ON THE 2016 AFRICAN OPEN KARTING CHAMPIONSHIPS, ZWARTKOPS, AUGUST 20.
With the 2016 SA Rotax Max Challenge Karting Championship having been done and dusted in mid-July, four South African champions have already won seats in the amazingly competitive 2016 Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals, which will be held in Sarno, Italy from October 15-22.
SILVERWARE UP FOR GRABS FOR CADETS AT AFRICA OPEN
The 2016 Africa Open will be held on Saturday, 20 August at Zwartkops Raceway. Champions are not born – it requires commitment, dedication, passion and dreaming big. The more experienced karters will be pulling out all the stops for the final seats for the Rotax World Finals in Italy.
Rotax African Open bigger and better in 2016!
- Micro and Mini Max technical regulations
- Programme (Version 2)
- online entry (same as previous national entries)
- online entry (usual RKC online entry)
- entry list (click on African Open button)
There are many rumours around the Rotax African Open not having any seats to the world final. The prizes for the Rotax African Open this year are as follows:
- Micro Max winner *invitation to race at the Rotax Grand Finals
- Mini Max winner *invitation to race at the Rotax Grand Finals
- Maxterino winner **air ticket to Italy to watch the Grand Finals
- Junior Max winner **air ticket to Italy to watch the Grand Finals
- Senior Max winner *invitation to race at the Rotax Grand Finals in DD2
- DD2 winner and Runner Up *invitation to race at the Rotax Grand Finals
- DD2 Masters winner *invitation to race at the Rotax Grand Finals
* invitations include free entry, supply of new equipment, tyres, fuel, tools and trolley for the event.
** air ticket or R 10 000 voucher to spend with EMR Karting
Micro and Mini Max Grand Prix Vereeniging 17July 2016
An organised practice day followed by a 6 lap time trial saw Micro and Mini Max drivers test their new equipment and compare skills.
Top national youngsters showed their experience by reeling off six almost identical laps in a row. Cape Town's Joseph Oelz posted the quicket total time of the eleven Mini Max's at 5:10.878 with Cameron Dias less than 0.5 seconds behind! Jarrod Waberski, Christiaan van Wyk, Jayden Els and Daniel De Paiva were seperated by 0.4 seconds!
What really impressed is that despite not having anyone to follow or slipstream that the top six's total times were still less than 2 seconds apart after 6 laps. What would have happened if they had actually started together and raced?
VEREENIGING CROWNS SA KART CHAMPIONS
Liebenberg, Stephen, Stermin, O’ Connor, Visser & Coertze are 2016’s SA Karting Champions
The 2016 South African Karting Nationals came to a thrilling head to at Vereeniging when six drivers were crowned champions at the Vereeniging Kart track on Saturday. Joshua Coertze came from behind to steal the Mini Rok title, Charl Visser held on to win the Maxterino title, Cameron O’Connor stole the Junior Max championship; Dino Stermin lifted a somewhat controversial Senior Max title and Bradley Liebenberg and Michael Stephen are the 2016 DD2 and DD2 Masters champions, subject to final MSA ratification.