MSA & EMR JOINT RELEASE STATEMENT
MSA (the official FIA affiliate for South Africa) and EMR (official ROTAX distributor for Southern Africa) are pleased to jointly announce that agreement has been reached that will see the Southern African Rotax Max Challenge (SARMC) karting series returning to running under the auspices of MSA in 2023.
The agreement comes after months of negotiation between the two parties and takes the form of an agreement in respect of a transition period in 2023, during which further negotiations will take place around a long term agreement between the parties for 2024 and beyond.
The agreement will see all of South African karting once again running under the auspices of MSA in 2023, which will remove unnecessary complications for local karters, including around international licensing.
Both parties welcome the move and look forward to a successful karting season in a spirit of mutual cooperation.
WHY IS THIS?
The Rotax Max Challenge (RMC) series is arguably the most popular motorized sport worldwide today from amateur karting at club level right up to the unique RMC Grand Final, where winners from more than 60 countries compete for National pride at the “Olympics of karting”.
In order to participate, competitors must have licenses issued by the FIA‘s sole governing body in your country – Motorsport SA in South Africa.
© 2022 copyright: Motorsport Fanatix™️
WHAT DOES THIS CHANGE IN GOVERNING BODY MEAN FOR YOU?
Very little will change:
- the same promoter, organizers, and officials that ran the RMC South Africa events previously will continue to run the events and series
- the same Rotax approved sporting and Global technical regulations that you are familiar with will be in place
- all 7 existing Rotax classes (including Bambino) will have MSA National Championship Status in 2023 and be eligible for Regional and National colours
- the Rotax Gauteng Regional and National races will continue as “stand alone” RMC events
- As a Rotax competitor, you will now have no problem obtaining an international FIA license from MSA
- the 2023 race calendar and other info is on the kart.co.za website
- the 2023 South African Rotax Max Challenge Sporting regulations will be published in days from now on kart.co.za and everything will be very similar to 2022
The following links will help you to join a club, reserve your race number and buy an MSA license.